Dynamic Course Carousel
Introduction to Security Management Systems and Security Culture
Aviation Safety & Security
A positive security culture where everyone takes responsibility for security is vital to achieving good security outcomes and preventing acts of unlawful interference. This course, one of the first to be introduced in this region in collaboration with UK CAAi, provides you with the fundamentals of an effective Security Management System (SeMS), so that you will be able to establish and sustain a robust security culture. A positive security culture can help to manage new aviation security vulnerabilities which may be introduced due to the multiple process changes during the COVID-19 pandemic. This course is developed in accordance with ICAO Annex 17 (Security) and ICAO Document 8973 (Security Manual) and is aligned with the ICAO Global Aviation Security Plan (GASeP) and United Nations Security Council Resolutions 2309 (2016) developments. This course will be delivered via eLearning.
S$2,205 / US$1,650
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply SeMS framework in the work environment
- Evaluate potential security risks and threats
- Assess security culture in your organisation
- Adapt best practices, tools and techniques that can foster a positive security culture
Who Should Attend
This course is beneficial to personnel responsible for the oversight, development or operations of aviation security regimes in civil aviation administrations, relevant government agencies, air navigation service providers, airports, airlines and agencies managing aviation security programmes.
- Group exercises
What Is Covered
- Security Management Systems (SeMS)
- SeMS concept, tools and techniques
- Advantages of SeMS
- The SeMS framework
- Management Commitment, Accountability and Responsibility
- Third Party Oversight
- Threat and Risk Management
- Performance Monitoring, Assessment and Reporting
- Management of Change
- Incident Response
- Resource and Continuous Improvement
- SeMS Education and Security Culture
- SeMS implementation
- Aviation Security during COVID-19
- Security Culture
- Components of a security culture
- Tools and Techniques
MODE OF DELIVERY
- Live virtual classroom via Zoom
Details on how to access the online course and access link will be provided to applicants who have been accepted for the course.
Ms Kirsty Marie Wells is the Aviation Security Head of SeMS Programme Delivery in the UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA), managing a team responsible for the operational and strategic delivery of SeMS for the aviation industry. Her past portfolios include the successful operational roll out of SeMS to the aviation industry, shaping the process of what the UK regulator does today, the successful delivery of the Heathrow Terminal 2 suite of resilience plans and the Terminal 2 Reception Centre, collaboratively working with Airline and Stakeholder groups. She has over 14 years of experience in aviation security, from an industry and regulator perspective and is a member (ASyl) of the Security Institute.
Kevin Sawyer has over 19 years of experience of working in transport regulatory roles including a number of critical safety and security projects. He is currently the Senior Manager Aviation Security Development with UK CAAi. He has a Masters’ Degree in Risk, Crisis and Disaster Management (Distinction) with a Dissertation research project focused on the development of a security culture in civil aviation. He is also a Member (MSyl) of the Security Institute.
- SAA Alumni – 10% discount
- Group Discount – Enjoy a group discount for three or more participants registered at the same time for the same course run from the same organisation and billing source:
- Three to six : 10%
- Seven to nine : 15%
- Ten or more : 20%
- Enjoy an early bird fee of S$2,100/US$1,600 if you make payment before course commencement