Dynamic Course Carousel
ICAO Training Package: Oversight of Aircraft Leasing Operations
Aviation Safety & Security
This course provides you with the competencies to design and implement operational processes and procedures for acceptance, approval and oversight of aircraft leasing arrangements in accordance with Chicago Convention and its Annexes in particular ICAO Annex 1, Annex 6 Part I, Part II, and Part III and Annex 8; as well as ensure the various leasing arrangements are in compliance with the State’s regulatory framework. This course is delivered via eLearning.
S$3,250 / US$2,500
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop processes and procedures to recognise, accept, approve and oversee operations with different cases of aircraft leasing arrangements.
- Implement oversight procedures for different cases of aircraft leasing arrangements.
- Identify various categories of aircraft leasing and their implications on States and AOC holders’ responsibilities with respect to personnel licensing, aircraft operations and airworthiness.
- Identify necessary regulations and procedures to ensure compliance with Chicago Convention and its Annexes for various cases of aircraft leasing.
Who Should Attend
This course is beneficial to personnel involved in operational control of aircraft leasing operations, aviation safety inspectors from flight operations, airworthiness and personnel licensing as well as personnel who manages the overview of legal and safety issues related to aircraft leasing from civil aviation administrations, airlines and related aviation organisations.
Assessment And/Or Certification
You must achieve at least 80% attendance to be eligible for the assessment. A certificate of participation will be awarded if you pass the assessment with a minimum score of 80%.
- Minimum one-year experience as an aviation safety inspector, legal officer, or
- Minimum two years experience in airline operations (e.g. pilot, flight operations officer, maintenance control, flight crew training manager)
- Case studies
- Group activities
- Mastery tests
What Is Covered
- Evaluating air operator leasing arrangements application
- Types of leasing arrangements
- Responsibilities of State of registry and the State of operator with different types of leasing arrangements
- Requirements and conditions for acquiring a leasing arrangement
- Schedule of events and fees associated with leasing arrangements
- Application of Article 83 bis for transfer of responsibilities
- Approving proposed air operator leasing arrangements
- Suitability of different types of leasing arrangements for AOC holders
- Flight operations and licensing technical documentation, and airworthiness technical documentation required for review
- Operational arrangements and maintenance operations required for inspection/demonstration
- Verification of Lease agreement and supporting documents
- Steps for approval of proposed leasing arrangement
- Surveillance of air operator leasing arrangements
- Types and frequency of inspection required
- Standard procedures for conducting operations inspection
- Process for resolution of safety issues
Allan Tang is currently the Principal Training Specialist at Singapore Aviation Academy. He has 40 years of in aviation including 27 years as a regulator and was Deputy Head of Flight Operations with CAA Singapore. Allan is an ICAO Approved Auditor for Personnel Licensing, Operations and Aircraft Accident Investigation since 2000. He also regularly conducts aviation training courses for regulators in the Asia Pacific Region on behalf of ICAO and COSCAP South East Asia.