Dynamic Course Carousel
ICAO Standardized Training Package: Oversight of Competency - Based Training
Aviation Safety & Security
This course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to conduct effective oversight of Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) programmes in accordance with ICAO provisions in ICAO Doc 9868 and Doc 9841. You will acquire the skills to evaluate training programmes and identify critical areas for enhancement, to ensure an outcomes-focused training programme that is designed to develop the appropriate competencies for professionals to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner. This course is delivered via eLearning.
To be advised
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will pick up the skills necessary to perform the following tasks:
- Execute the work involved in the pre-application and formal application phases of a proposed CBTA programme
- Review proposed CBTA programme documentation
- Inspect a proposed CBTA programme
- Approve a proposed CBTA programme
- Set up a surveillance programme for an approved CBTA programme
Who Should Attend
This course is beneficial to aviation safety inspectors and technical managers from civil aviation administrations who are responsible for aviation safety regulatory oversight and safety management. It is also beneficial forpersonnel of training organisations such as instructors, validators and curriculum developers who develop CBTA training programmes.
This course is an ICAO-certified training. Upon successful completion, you will attain an ICAO Certificate.
What Is Covered
- Pre-application phase
- Assist applicants in their initial enquiry for pre-application
- Conduct the pre-application meeting
- Determine results of the pre-application phase
- Formal application phase
- Check submission of documents for formal application phase
- Conduct formal application meeting
- Determine results of the formal application phase
- Review of proposed CBTA programme documentation phase
- Assess the suitability of CBTA proposed by applicant.
- Review CBTA documentation submitted to ensure it meets the requirements
- Determine the outcome of the documentation review
- Inspection of proposed CBTA programme phase
- Inspect applicant's demonstration of its proposed operational arrangements (e.g. training facilities, assessment, training delivery)
- Determine the outcome of the inspection
- Approval of proposed CBTA programme phase
- Check the CBTA documentation training manual and all supporting documents submitted to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) are in order
- Issue approval for the proposed CBTA
- Surveillance programme for approved CBTA programme
- Develop surveillance plan on the approved CBTA Programme
- Conduct surveillance on the approved CBTA programme as per scheduled planned
- Initiate process for the resolution of safety issues/ deficiencies that resulted in non-compliance
Mode of Delivery
- Live virtual classroom via Zoom [1300hrs - 1800hrs (SGT/GMT+8), Monday to Friday]
- Self-paced offline learning activities
Details on how to access the online course and access link will be provided to successful applicants.