Dynamic Course Carousel
Aviation Security Management Programme
Aviation Safety & Security
This programme provides you with an understanding of the requirements, principles and practices to effectively implement aviation security (AVSEC) management. This course is developed in accordance with ICAO Annex 17 (Security) and ICAO Document 8973 (Security Manual). This course is delivered via eLearning. This course is an elective module under the Diploma in Civil Aviation Management.
S$2,900 / US$2,250
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Understand AVSEC management concepts
- Apply best practices for planning and managing AVSEC
- Develop an AVSEC framework in line with ICAO requirements
Who Should Attend
This programme is beneficial to AVSEC managers and supervisors from civil aviation administrations, airport authorities, air navigation service providers, airlines and AVSEC related agencies.
Mode of Delivery
- Live virtual classroom via Zoom [1300hrs - 1800hrs (SGT/GMT+8), Wednesday to Friday]
Details on how to access the online course and access link will be provided to successful applicants.
What Is Covered
- Implementing International & National Security
- Global Structure of Civil Aviation Organisation
- Threats to Aviation Security
- Insider Threat
- Outsourced Aviation Security
- Managing Operational AVSEC
- Professionalizing the AVSEC Force
- Developing an AVSEC Culture
- Controlling the flow of Passenger & Baggage
- Introduction to Zoning in the Airport
- Tell - tales indicators
- Introduction to TOPSIS
- Evaluating Facilitation and Security Management System
- Concept of Evaluating and Processes for Each Zone in the Airport
- Introduction of Integrated Operations Centre to Manage Security Systems
Assessments of Airport Security Facilities Licensing, Pre-board General General Screeners and Red Teaming.
- Responding to Major Security Emergencies
- Introduction to Emergency and Contingency Planning
- Discussion on Bomb Incident Management
- SAA Alumni – 10% discount
- Group Discount – Enjoy a group discount for three or more participants registered at the same time for the same course run from the same organisation and billing source:
- Three to six : 10%
- Seven to nine : 15%
- Ten or more : 20%