Dynamic Course Carousel
Aircraft Accident Investigation Techniques
Aviation Safety & Security
This course provides you with an understanding of aircraft accident investigation techniques and equips you with the knowledge and skills to participate in and support formal investigations. This course is developed in accordance with ICAO Annex 13. This course is delivered as eLearning.
S$3,300 / US$2,550
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply aircraft accident investigation techniques and methodologies in formal aircraft accident investigations
- Understand critical aspects involved in performing aircraft accidents investigations
- Participate and support in formal aircraft accident investigations
Who Should Attend
This course is beneficial to personnel involved in accident investigations from civil aviation administrations, airport authorities, air navigation service providers, airlines, accident investigation agencies and related aviation organisations.
- Case studies
Mode of Delivery
- Live virtual classroom via Zoom (1300hrs - 1820hrs - SGT/GMT+8)
Details on how to access the online course and access link will be provided to applicants who have been accepted for the course.
What Is Covered
- ICAO Annex 13
- Preparation to conduct an investigation
- Technical investigation
- Operations investigation
- Understanding Human Factors(HF) in aircraft accidents
- Aviation medicine and pathology
- Organisational factors in safety from airlines' perspective
- Safety products: Approach and landing accident reduction tool kit
- Sharing of safety information
- Writing the final report
- Survival factors
- Interviewing techniques
- Accident site safety
Mr Caj Frostell is the Commissioner, Banjul Accord Group Accident Investigation Agency (BAGAIA) and also the former Chief of the Accident Investigation and Prevention Section, Air Navigation Bureau, ICAO. During his 25 years with ICAO, he had served on many special assignments related to aviation safety projects and accident and incident investigations.
Mr David McNair was a Senior Investigator in Canada with the federal government agency responsible for conducting aviation safety investigations. He has more than 25 years of experience and has served as an investigator-in-charge, or as part of the investigation team for a variety of major aviation occurrences in Canada and internationally. Besides having a broad experience as an accident investigator and being a qualified trainer on the various facets of investigation, Mr McNair also has an Airline Transport Pilot Licence, and more than 9,000 flying hours worldwide, in a variety of military and large transport aircraft.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above, may apply for this course under the SkillsFuture Credit scheme. For more information, please refer to http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
- SAA Alumni – 10% discount
- Group Discount – Enjoy a group discount for three or more participants registered at the same time for the same course run from the same organisation and billing source:
- Three to six : 10%
- Seven to nine : 15%
- Ten or more : 20%