Dynamic Course Carousel
Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel (ATSEP) Communications - Data
Air Traffic Services
This course builds on the ATSEP Basic course to strengthen your knowledge and skills relating to the design, installation, operation and maintenance of data communications systems. Designed in collaboration with Temasek Polytechnic, it leverages the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore and Temasek Polytechnic’s expertise in Communication, Navigation, Surveillance (CNS)/ ATM and regulatory requirements. The course is developed in accordance with ICAO Document 10057.
S$3,650 / US$2,850
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Appreciate data networking concepts and protocols
• Explain the purpose and role of aeronautical data networks
• Understand Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
• Understand network addressing and routing strategies
• Appreciate how to design and troubleshoot a network through practical network exercises
Who Should Attend
This course is beneficial to engineering personnel from civil aviation administrations, service providers and maintenance organisations whose roles are to oversee and maintain data communications systems.
Participants are recommended to attend the ATSEP (Basic) course for an appreciation of how CNS/ATM systems, data processing, and equipment are used to facilitate safe air traffic control services operation.
Assessment And/Or Certification
A certification jointly issued by SAA and Temasek Polytechnic will be awarded to those who pass the assessment.
About Temasek PolytechnicTP is one of the leading institutions of higher learning in Singapore, offering both full-time and part-time diploma courses in many fields such as applied sciences, engineering, IT, design and business. It has the expertise to recommend, design and conduct courses, seminars and workshops tailored to meet the specific needs of organisations.
What Is Covered
• Data network concepts and protocols
• Aeronautical networks
• LAN and WAN technologies and equipment
• Network addressing and routing
Mode Of Delivery
In-person classroom (SAA) [0900–1700 hrs (SGT/GMT+8)]
- Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel Basic
- Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel Navigation
- Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel Data Processing
• SAA Alumni – 10% discount
• Group Discount – Three or more participants registered at the same time for the same course run from the same organisation and billing source:
o Three to six: 10%
o Seven to nine: 15%
o Ten or more: 20%