Future Airports: Disruptions, Innovations and Opportunities (jointly organised with School of Continuing and Lifelong Education, National University of Singapore) NEW
11 Nov 2019 - 15 Nov 2019
Future Airports: Building Smart Airport Capabilities through Data: Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and Automation (jointly organised with School of Continuing and Lifelong Education, National University of Singapore) NEW
14 Oct 2019 - 18 Oct 2019
Strategic Airport Management Programme
This programme will provide you with the policy formulation competencies so as to effectively position your airport to achieve the desired strategic outcomes required by stakeholders.
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Formulate long-term strategic objectives to manage airports efficiently and profitably
- Identify key drivers and considerations of airport management functions
- Gain insights on creating a positive passenger service experience
- Forecast airport traffic for capacity planning and driving of future traffic demand
- Identify and manage the significant factors contributing to airport efficiency
- Set, align and apply performance indicators for key airport operations
Who Should Attend
This programme is beneficial for middle to senior management personnel involved in airport development and operations from civil aviation administrations, airport authorities and airport operators.
- Case Studies
- Interactive Workshops
- Learning Journeys to Changi Airport
What Is Covered
- Strategic Airport Development
- Airport positioning and strategy development
- Commercial and retail strategy development
- Airport network, capacity and traffic development
- Operations efficiency and service quality development
- Examples of airport strategic transformation
- Success factors for airports
- Airport benchmarking
- Airport Management
- Terminal services management
- Marketing to stakeholders
- Safety and security management
- Emergency services management
- Air cargo management
- Air navigation services
- Airport business continuity management
Mr Ho Beng Huat is Advisor to the Changi Airport Group and Advisor & Chief Specialist (Airport Management) to CAI. With more than 30 years' experience in managing airports since 1976, he had played a key role in the development of Terminal 1, 2 and 3. Mr Ho headed the airport management team overseeing all airport ground operations at Changi Airport for more than two decades and was also instrumental in leading the commercial team to develop Changi Airport's very successful and profitable airport duty free retail business.
Mr Gerben Broekema is the Owner and Principal of Broekema Aviation Advisory Services. He has extensive expertise on vision and strategy development, having been supporting clients at boardroom and senior management level. In this programme, he would share his experience and give an international perspective on strategic airport management/policies for airport owners. Mr Broekema has also been head of Group Strategy and International Development of Royal Schiphol Group.
Prof Martin Dresner is the President of Air Transport Research Society (ATRS). Prof Dresner is on the editorial boards of several journals in the transportation, logistics and supply chain fields, and he is also involved in consultation projects for a number of organisations. His research focuses on public policy and strategy issues concerning international and domestic transportation and logistics. In this programme, he will share how research can help both industry and government make more informed decisions. Prof Dresner is also a member of the SAA Advisory Board.
Mr James Thong is the Managing Director of Consultancy, Changi Airports International (CAI). He has over18 years of international experience in airport commercial management and planning and was involved in developing and implementing commercial strategies for airports in Saudi Arabia, Russia, India and Brazil. He provides guidance in developing holistic and practical solutions for clients in the areas of hub and route development, commercial and retail development, operations efficiency and service quality.
Mr Teo Chin Leong is the Director of Traffic Development and Market Analysis, CAI with over 14 years of experience with Traffic Development. His expertise lies in consultancy, business development and strategy, where he was involved in various consultancy projects in Asia, Europe and South America, devising network strategies and airport positioning, and effecting traffic growth at airports he worked on. Mr Teo's traffic development expertise has also been recognised internationally.
Ms Alison Macdonald is a Senior Associate Director of Consultancy, CAI. Besides leading commercial consultancy projects, Ms Macdonald is also heavily involved in developing and implementing commercial strategies in airports in Thailand, Russia, France, Italy and Saudi Arabia. Prior to joining CAI in 2015, Ms Macdonald was Director, Commercial Development for Vantage Airport Group, where she was responsible for leading the development and implementation of the commercial strategy and due diligence for Vantage's global airport portfolio, maximising non-aeronautical revenue.
- SAA Alumni – 10% discount
- Group Discount – Enjoy a group discount for three or more participants registered at the same time for the same course run from the same organisation and billing source:
- Three to six : 10%
- Seven to nine : 15%
- Ten or more : 20%