Air Traffic Safety Electronics Personnel Basic
Air Traffic Services
This course, designed in collaboration with Temasek Polytechnic (TP), leverages Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore and TP’s expertise in Communication, Navigation, Surveillance (CNS)/ Air Traffic Management (ATM) and regulatory requirements, to provide you with the knowledge to operate effectively in an ATM environment. This course is developed in accordance to ICAO Document 10057 and will be taught by a team of subject matter experts. This course is delivered in dual mode – available as a virtual classroom and as a physical classroom simultaneously.
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the ATM environment and key principles of CNS systems
- Understand how integrated CNS/ATM systems, data processing, and equipment are used to facilitate safe air traffic control services
- Be equipped with the fundamental knowledge to maintain and manage the complexities of the CNS/ATM systems
Who Should Attend
This course is beneficial to engineering personnel from civil aviation administrations, service providers and maintenance organisations whose roles are to oversee and maintain CNS/ATM systems.
Eligible Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents (PR) of Singapore may enjoy training grant from SkillsFuture Singapore. Eligible employers may also enjoy lower training costs and absentee payroll funding for employees who are sent for training under the Workfare Training Scheme. For more information on Workfare Training Scheme, please click here.
Assessment And/Or Certification
A certification jointly issued by SAA and TP will be awarded to those with an average score of at least 70% of the assessment.
About Temasek Polytechnic
TP is one of the leading institutions of higher learning in Singapore, offering both full-time and part-time diploma courses in many fields such as applied sciences, engineering, IT, design and business. It has the expertise to recommend, design and conduct courses, seminars and workshops tailored to meet the specific needs of organisations.
- Case studies
What Is Covered
- Communication: Voice and data
- Air Traffic Familiarisation
- Aeronautical Information Services
- Data Processing and Automation
- Meteorological Services
- Safety Management Systems and Human Factors
- Maintenance Procedures
- Infrastructure and relation to Workplace Safety and Health
Mode of Delivery
Dual mode of delivery:
- Classroom (local participants)
- Live virtual classroom via Zoom 5.0 (for international participants) [0900 hrs - 1700 hrs (SGT/GMT+8)]
Details on how to access the online course and access link will be provided to applicants who have been accepted for the course.
- SAA Alumni – 10% discount
- Group Discount – Enjoy a group discount for three or more participants registered at the same time for the same course run from the same organisation and billing source:
- Three to six : 10%
- Seven to nine : 15%
- Ten or more : 20%
HEAR FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
"SAA has done very well in its digital transformation from physical to virtual classroom training. The transition is seamless as all the training objectives are met. Kudos! The trainers engaged by SAA are not only knowledgeable and experiences in their respective fields but also frequently engage the trainees which is especially vital to the success of online learning!" – Mohd Zahid bin Ibrahim, Singapore