International Advanced Fire, Arson, Explosion Investigation Training and Fire Investigation Instructor Certification (jointly organised with National Association of Fire Investigators) NEW
11 Feb 2019 - 15 Feb 2019
ICAO-SAA Directors General of Civil Aviation Programme on Aviation Safety
Aviation Safety & Security
This executive-level programme provides participants with specific knowledge regarding the international civil aviation safety framework, and the underlying principles that will enable DGCAs to carry out their responsibilities to ensure the effective management of aviation safety in their States.
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the programme, you will be able to understand the key principles of the international civil aviation safety framework to enable you to carry out your responsibilities to ensure effective management of aviation safety.
Who Should Attend
Directors General of civil aviation administrations or equivalent and their deputies. This programme is offered on a complimentary basis to successful applicants. Participants are expected to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
What Is Covered
Module I: International Aviation Safety Framework
- Overview of the Chicago Convention
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- ICAO Safety Objectives and Programmes
- Other Key ICAO Partners and Their Contribution to Safety
Module II: National Aviation Safety Framework
- Overview of National Aviation Safety Framework
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
- Civil Aviation Organization
- Licensing and Surveillance Obligations
- State Safety Programme (SSP) and Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Regional Cooperation
- Panel Discussion: Leading in a Dynamic and Challenging Aviation Environment