Aerodrome Safety Operations (jointly organised with UK Civil Aviation Authority International)
Aviation Safety & Security
This course provides you with an insight into the safety practices and the complexities of aerodrome operations. This course is delivered via eLearning.
^Fees are being reviewed and subject to change. Participants will be notified of the actual course fees when they are issued the Letter of Acceptance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Civil Aviation Administration and other stakeholders
- Understand aerodrome certification, inspection and auditing principles
- Understand key principles fundamental to the safe running and management of an aerodrome
- Understand safety concerns in aerodrome operations
Who Should Attend
This course is beneficial to personnel involved in management, inspection, certification, ground operations, safety, maintenance, rescue and fire- fighting services from civil aviation administrations and aerodrome operators.
Working knowledge of aerodrome technical terms to participate in interactive discussions
Mode of Delivery:
- Live virtual classroom via video conferencing platform [video conferencing platform and timings of live lecture sessions to be advised]
- Self-paced offline learning activities
Details on how to access the online course and access link will be provided to successful applicants.
What Is Covered
- Global Overview (ICAO, EASA and Department for Transport)
- Development of Aerodrome Policy, Standards and Strategy
- Aerodrome Compliance Auditing and Inspections
- Safety Management Systems and the Accountable Manager
- Aerodrome Manual
- Aerodrome Physical Characteristics
- Safety Surfaces
- Aeronautical Ground Lighting
- Runway Friction Surfaces Theory
- Aerodrome Wildlife Risk Management
- Low Visibility Procedures
- Runway Incursion/Excursion
- Rescue and Fire-fighting Services
- Emergency Planning
- Mandatory Occurrence Reporting
CAA International (CAAi) is a leading, globally recognised aviation consultancy and is a wholly owned subsidiary of the UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA).
CAAi works closely with clients in over 140 countries to deliver and promote best practice in aviation governance and education, helping to create a flying world fit for the 21st century.